Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to storing and/or sharing specific web content on a server handled by a website hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glance at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to create a site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between independent bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various site hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given firms offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you would like to share a large number of images with pals or partners since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your mails. Some corporations provide webspace hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to open an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to run a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At SoftNet Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular content exclusively.